Sure you can get a great picture at the Eiffel Tower or the Sydney Opera House, but why not take the road less traveled to somewhere none of your friends have ever been? ID90 Travel here to show you some of the most jaw-dropping destinations that aren’t on most top destination lists but are definitely worth a visit.
1. Old Bagan, Myanmar (Burma): The ancient city of Bagan has a large temple site that isn’t like anything else in the world. You can even go hot-air ballooning for a unique point of view.
2. Milford Sound, New Zealand: As one of the many great day trips from Queenstown, Milford Sound is a hidden gem. We recommend you arrive early to capture a few pictures and take it all in at sunrise and then take a boat tour deep into the Fiordland National Park.
3. Wadi Rum Desert, Jordan: Also known as the Valley of the Moon, this exotic desert wilderness in southern Jordan is less than a two-hour drive from Petra. The best way to get around is by camel, of course.
4. Endless roads, Iceland: Any Secret Life of Walter Mitty fans out there? Iceland is known for its’ low population and many natural wonders. The roads, however, are something special so make sure you snap a pic of those as well.
5. Fushimi Inari-taisha, Kyoto, Japan: The journey to the shrine starts out as a beautiful stroll through these colorful Shinto shrine gates and slowly turns into more of a hike. The three-hour hike to the summit and back is very enjoyable and not too difficult.