As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of the Hotel Integrations team. You will work with distributed product and engineering teams to define, design and deliver high quality, scalable code. Your team is responsible for developing cutting-edge web technologies to drive the hotel business further. You will help our architecture evolve by pushing our web technologies to their limits and constantly challenging ourselves to deliver quality code faster than before.
- Build, test and release product-facing features related to hotel shopping, data normalization, merchandising and purchasing
- Drive further automation of systems, processes, and services by using containerization
- Work with engineering and Dev Ops to identify scalability problems related to our Hotel Product and implement solutions
- Design, develop and ship innovative consumer experiences to production in an agile manner
- Collaborate with Product and other engineering teams
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong knowledge of Java, Ruby on Rails, PHP or similar programming languages.
- Experience with caching and messaging systems such as Redis, Rabbit MQ.
- Experience developing web applications with Spring Framework/Boot in docker environment preferred.
- Thrives in backend technologies and deliver user experience at scale
- Expert knowledge in consuming and designing REST APIs
- Solid understanding of relational databases including MySQL & PostgreSQL
- Experience mentoring and leading others at different stages of their career
- A passion for test-driven development (you consider code without a test as a solution not completed).
- A passion for writing quality code that performs at scale
- Deep understanding of data modeling and machine learning is a huge plus
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent is a plus